Sunday, February 24, 2008

Travel

My trips!..thats what Im gonna write about,till i find something else to blabber on...
The inspiration for this comes from the fact that Im always advising people regarding places to go and things to do ( not that I have been around a lot), but I have done my share of traveling, and also I wanna write them down like a journal coz i fear i am beginning to forget some of the wonderful but obscure places i went to.
Well to start off with, my trip to New York...which was taken last year, 3nd Jan 2007 to 11th Jan....of course you will ask why not spend the New Year's there, nothing like New Year's in Times Square right?...there was a very good reason for it,..i had spend only 6 months in US and had only enough savings to get a cheap ticket which I got after the New Years...I got a great deal on the ticket too San Jose - NYC - San Jose round trip for $250, doesnt get better that this, thanks to travelocity,.also accomodation was taken care of as I had my friends in New jersey....a big Thank you to Neha and Bhargav for taking us in and treating us well, especially Neha your cooking saved the day.. :), thank you for being such a sweetheart.
Another person I would thank is Abhi,..with whom I took the trip, and who forced to take it...I was the usual desi during that time cribbing about money, finding every opportunity to save money, so to take a trip that might cost me around $600 atleast for 7 days was absolutely absurd,..I have study and get an intern and fulltime job, and right now I had lost my on campus job as a Teaching Assistant so had no source of income fir the next few months, not to mention fared poorly in my 1st semester (fall 2007)of my Master's and got horrible grades, taking a trip at this time seemed like a financial suicide.I really cant afford to philander my hard earned and meager savings, not to mention my have to pay off loan and there is the monthly rent, utilities and blah blah blah...these were my arguments. Abhi also is accustomed to getting brainstorms like me, he can say 'Lets go to New York" as easily as lets have Italian for dinner. I have managed to torpedo many of his plans with my fears.Plans like sky diving(fear of dying) , paintball (fear of violence), learning to swim (fear of doing any activity which might cause my muscles to ache due to exertion, they also include running, gymming or walking long distances u get the idea), las vegas (fear of becoming broke,he went without me anyways) and a roadtrip along the california coast( which we finally took during summer 2007, a post will be coming up on that as well).......how he managed to sell this idea to me... God only knows...or maybe it was the tequila...
Now that I have got that out of the way,...where were we,oh i was supposed to talk about my trip to new york, let me begin .As the trip spanned for 7 days,I will be posting it in parts according to the days....since i digressed a lot in this post my next post will be about the 1st day.

No comments: