3rd Jan 2007 5am: San Jose
I am cursing myself for booking a 6:30am flight,the things I do to save a buck. I am not a morning person...so I did not sleep all night thinking its better than waking up all woozy.Flight was long uneventful and tiring with a 2 hour stop in Minneapolis. Well everyone is aware of carrying food while flying, but we dint know it back then that the flight would starve us to death , so the stopover at Minn was a welcome lunch break.
12pm: Minneapolis
We had 2 hours, so we thought we should check out if there are any attractions nearby the Minneapolis. It was snowing in Minn and I had never seen snow in my life, but to my disappointment the snow was melting,not exactly the kind of dreamy vision that i had about snow, hopefully it snows in NYC. I had read about Mall of America, which is quite close to the airport, but by the time we made up our mind to go there, there was just enough time to take a quick glance and come back, so we saved it for our return trip.
7pm:
NYC skyline is breathtaking!!! I took couple of pics but none do justice to the genuine view, also it was a full moon so it made it more spectacular...Its like thousands of tiny stars on the ground when you look from above and as you get closer those lights just glow so bright that its surreal. I suggest if possible always plan your trip such that either u reach in the NYC or leave in the evening, coz the night sky from a plane is worth a watch and is much better than being on top of the empire state building. Wish i had some good snaps to post on this blog, maybe on my next trip I will take a better camera. Reached our friend's house at 9.30pm(took us that long to find our way). For some reason traveling in New York subway evoked a memory of mumbai locals (maybe it was the crowd or the noise the subway is LOUD).This city made me nostalgic even though it was my 1st time visiting it,I could feel a mumbai vibe in New York. Strange that 2 cities ,thousands of miles apart can seem so similar that being in one gives u the reminds you of the other. Was lucky to have some great authentic Indian food in New Jersey, awesome biryani (good Indian food is a rarity) ,this humble little place is called Baba's and its on Indian street in New Jersey.
1pm: Gettin used to the 3 hrs time shift,so tryin to sleep as we have a long day ahead tomorrow, hoping that it snows...
No comments:
Post a Comment